WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO
Come help us create the future of commerce.
Spaceshop is an e-commerce agency based in the Greater Toledo, Ohio area that specializes in Shopify, Magento and Amazon. Come be a part of creating the future of commerce for our global clients. Free parking, free snacks, rewarding opportunities.
The Ecommerce Magento Developer will work on a team that includes a mix of local and remote team members with a goal of implementing high quality ecommerce websites using the Adobe Magento 2 platform.
This developer role will be involved in all stages of the project from initial client requirements meetings to deployment and support.
- Develop and configure ecommerce solutions on the Magento2 platform.
- Work with minimal direct supervision to identify work to be done and complete projects efficiently.
- Work on small teams handling multiple projects at once.
- Handle urgent client requests that come up during the work week.
- Write testable, documented, and efficient front end and back end code.
- Contribute to all of the software development lifecycles phases from spec design, to development, to testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Actively participate in client meetings along with the project lead to create the right solutions for each client, and to communicate those solutions with an appropriate amount of technical detail for the client.
- Identify potential differences between client requests and the technical implementation plans by proposing new solutions.
- Design functional web solutions with a broad understanding of browser compatibility.
- Use and maintain version control systems using Git.
- Drive for development process improvement using Agile methodologies.
- Travel to customer locations as needed
- 5+ years of total professional experience working on software development projects.
- 2+ years of professional experience writing PHP.
- 1+ years of professional experience developing and/or administering ecommerce websites. Ideally Magento2.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Nice to have: Magento 2 Certification
- Nice to have: Professional experience working on system integrations using SOAP or REST APIs to communicate between software systems.
- Nice to have: Knockout JS
- Nice to have: Agile certification like CSM.
- Nice to have: Project management experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related industry is ideal, but if you are smart, honest, and motivated then the degree is not as important to us.